Popular media player VLC for iOS was today updated to version 3.1, introducing long-awaited support for Chromecast. Chromecast functionality has been a highly requested feature from VLC users.
With the update, the VLC app for iOS can stream content to Chromecast-enabled devices.
Today's update also brings support for viewing 360-degree videos in VLC by moving the iPhone around, and it offers a number of bug fixes. Full release notes are below:
- We added a feature many of you waited for: Chromecast support
- We fixed a bug where files on your phone were not displayed in VLC
- 360 videos can be viewed by moving your phone now
- Stability and performance improvements when decoding H.264/H.265 in hardware
- Improved audio playback quality
- Fixed a regression preventing the download of certain media files via http
- Fixed a regression where downloaded files might disappear
- Fixed a regression where users couldn't log into Google Drive
VLC for the iPhone and the iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]