Late Friday night, Apple emailed developers to tell them that more developer kits for the new Apple TV are now available. The email, which MacRumors has obtained a copy of, says that more developer kits are being made available due to "overwhelming demand."

apple-tv-4th-gen

Due to overwhelming demand, we’ve made more Apple TV Developer Kits available and you’ve been selected to receive one. Simply sign in with your developer account, agree to the terms and conditions, and submit your order by 5:00 p.m.local time on October 9, 2015.

Similar to the original wave of new Apple TV dev kits, Apple will charge developers $1 to verify billing addresses. The Apple TV will ship within 1 to 3 business days via standard shipping for free. The original wave of Apple TV dev kits had to be ordered by September 16.

The new Apple TV represents a massive overhaul of Apple's existing set-top box, coming with a brand new operating system called tvOS, a much more powerful A8 processor, 2 GB of RAM, support for a full App Store and Siri in countries where it's supported.

Related Roundup: Apple TV
Buyer's Guide: Apple TV (Neutral)

macs4nw Avatar
.....more developer kits are being made available due to "overwhelming demand."
Article Link:Apple Makes More Dev Kits for New Apple TV Available ('https://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/03/apple-tv-more-dev-kits/')
Or perhaps "underwhelming App creation" up to this point, jeopardizing a successful :apple:tv launch later this month.
farewelwilliams Avatar
i got one!

wait...NO I DIDNT SAY THAT, APPLE DONT BAN ME PLS
ghost187 Avatar
i got one!

wait...NO I DIDNT SAY THAT, APPLE DONT BAN ME PLS
Just don't do a teardown and you should be all set.
Mac Fly (film) Avatar

Stick around you'll like it here.
mellomike Avatar
I ordered mine an hour after I got the email. At first I thought it was an email telling me that I was able to re-enter the lottery (I kinda just skimmed over it) .. then when I click the link to the page it asked me for my credit card info. Quick and simple process.

Now I just need Unity to add me to their Apple TV beta program so I can continue working on my game.
DempaX Avatar
Just don't do a teardown and you should be all set.
I think you are fine doing the teardown but you can not publish it :-)