Apple yesterday updated its Logic Pro and Logic Express audio workstation packages, addressing a number of issues and updating system requirements.
Logic Pro 9.1.1, which weighs in at 191.87 MB, delivers several improvements related to stability and compatibility.
- Improved stability of the 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge
- Compatibility with Novation's Automap feature in 64-bit mode.
- Compatibility with Euphonix Eucon protocol in 64-bit mode.
A full list of enhancements is included in the Logic Pro 9.1.1 release notes.
Logic Express 9.1.1, which did not receive a January update corresponding to Logic Pro 9.1, sees a number of new features. The 9.1.1. update weighing in at 138.79 MB offers the following highlighted changes:
- Support for 64-bit native mode
- Compatibility with 64-bit Audio Unit plug-ins
- File names with over 32 characters are now supported
- Samples are now mapped correctly when using the "Contiguous Zones" option in the EXS editor
Full details are included in the release notes.
Both Logic Pro and Logic Express now carry updated system requirements, with 32-bit mode requiring Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later and 64-bit mode requiring Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later.