NVIDIA Announces Quadro K5000 Professional GPU for Mac Pro
As noted by Engadget, NVIDIA has announced that the Quadro K5000 will be available for the Mac Pro later this year.
The Kepler-based design offers a professional-class GPU for the Mac. Features listed by NVIDIA include:
- Cinema 4K display support (4096x2160 resolution)
- A new display engine that can drive up to four displays simultaneously
- 4 GB graphics memory that provides faster interactivity when using design and content creation applications
- Based on NVIDIA Kepler architecture, which enables the Quadro K5000 GPU for Mac to run key content creation applications up to 2x faster at lower power than the Fermi-based Quadro 4000 for Mac(3)
- Support for up to two Quadro K5000 GPUs for Mac in a single Mac Pro
- Support for OpenGL, OpenCL and NVIDIA CUDA(TM)
NVIDIA describes the Quadro K5000 as ideal for professional applications such as video editing, color correction, compositing, design visualization and GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D rendering. Estimated pricing starts at $2,249 and availability later this year.