Apple's annual developer conference in San Francisco.
Apple Releases OS X 10.7.2 with iCloud Support and Safari 5.1.1
OS X 10.7.2 brings number of new enhancements beyond iCloud compatibility, including Safari 5.1.1 and ten featured improvements.
The 10.7.2 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. It also includes support for iCloud, a breakthrough set of free cloud services that automatically and wirelessly store your content on iCloud and push it to all of your devices. iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:Available versions of OS X 10.7.2 include:
- iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
- Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
- Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.
Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit http://www.apple.com/icloud.
The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:
- Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
- Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
- Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
- Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
- Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
- Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
- Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
- Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
- Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
- Improve Active Directory integration.
For detailed information about Safari 5.1.1, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4922.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4767.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Client) (768.84 MB)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 Client Combo (818.59 MB)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Server) (842.49 MB)
- OS X Lion Update 10.7.2 (Server) Combo (892.24 MB)
- Server Admin Tools 10.7.2 (202.61 MB)
Apple seeded the golden master version of OS X 10.7.2 to developers just after last week's iPhone 4S media event, paving the way for the public release today.
Apple has also released Lion Recovery Update, addressing issues with the recovery and reinstall process and Find My Mac.
The Lion Recovery Update includes improvements to Lion Recovery and addresses an issue with Find My Mac when using a firmware password.Lion Recovery Update weighs in at 431.91 MB and requires OS X Lion.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4986.
Finally, Apple has released Security Update 2011-006 for Mac OS X Snow Leopard (136.28 MB) and Mac OS X Server Snow Leopard (144.91 MB).