Apple has released XSan 1.4.2, a maintenance release to its enterprise-class storage area network solution.
Whats New in this Version
The Xsan 1.4.2 update addresses numerous issues related to overall reliability, usability and compatibility. It includes specific fixes for:
- mounting Fibre Channel LUNs on Mac OS X Leopard
- metadata controller failovers during power outages and network disconnects
- memory related errors that can result in slow system performance or hangs
- reducing fragmentation of large files and frame drops during ingest
- preventing file system metadata corruption
- hosting Xsan volumes on Intel-based metadata controllers
- defragmenting files after a volume bandwidth expansion
- compatibility with Apple and third party applications
Before installing, please review the Xsan Migration Guide at: http://www.apple.com/server/documentation/
For detailed information on this update, please visit the website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305035
Apple has also released an accompanying XSan uninstaller for version 1.4.2.