Black Friday 2013
Keep track of all the best deals
- Black Friday is the traditional kickoff to the holiday shopping season, falling on the day after Thanksgiving in the United States. Many retailers offer steep discounts on popular items in order to attract customers, with Apple products frequently being included in these sales.
- Black Friday falls on November 29 this year
- Some retailers opening Thanksgiving evening, staying open through the night and all day Friday.
- Deals may be limited, so customers advised to shop early
Black Friday 2013
Black Friday, which takes place on November 29 this year, is a major shopping holiday in the United States. During the event, retailers around the country drop their prices on thousands of items, hoping to lure shoppers to their stores.
Apple products on the cheap are highly desired, and this year, retailers are offering some fantastic deals. We’ve gathered up a list of all the retailers offering discounts on iPhones, iPads, iPods, MacBooks, and more. Each entry lists the item and the savings off of the price that the store normally sells the product for.
As it is still early, we are expecting additional information on other notable Black Friday sales to surface, from retailers like Apple. We will continue to update this roundup to add deals as they become available.
The best deals thus far are from the major retailers, as seen in the chart below (which includes gift cards). Target is offering the best price on the iPad Air at $379 ($479+$100 gift card) while Walmart has a $199 iPad mini available. Walmart also has the best deals on both the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c. It remains unclear which stores might offer the Retina iPad mini, but if Target has stock on hand, they will be available for $399 with a $75 gift card. Make sure to check out our detailed guides on where to get the best prices on Apple's lineup of iPads and Macs.
|Store||iPad Air||iPad mini||iPad mini 2||iPad 2||iPad 4||iPhone 5c||iPhone 5s|
Macmall is offering a discount on all of its MacBook Airs, Retina MacBook Pros, and iMacs, both current generation and older. The company is also discounting the iPad Air by up to $70. Below is a list of discounts on current generation products.
|16GB iPad Air Wi-Fi (Gray)||$499||-$41|
|32GB iPad Air Wi-Fi (Gray)||$599||-$41|
|64GB iPad Air Wi-Fi (Gray)||$699||-$60|
|128GB iPad Air Wi-Fi (Gray)||$799||-$70|
|11.6" MacBook Air 128GB||$999||-$102|
|11.6" MacBook Air 256GB||$1199||-$102|
|13.3" MacBook Air 128GB||$1099||-$102|
|13.3" MacBook Air 256GB||$1299||-$102|
|13" MacBook Pro (Retina) 128GB||$1299||-$102|
|13" MacBook Pro (Retina) 256GB||$1499||-$102|
|13" MacBook Pro (Retina) 512GB||$1799||-$102|
|15" MacBook Pro (Retina) 256GB||$1999||-$150|
|15" MacBook Pro (Retina) 512GB||$2599||-$150|
|21.5" iMac 2.7GHz||$1299||-$102|
|21.5" iMac 2.9GHz||$1499||-$102|
|27" iMac 3.2GHz||$1799||-$102|
|27" iMac 3.4GHz||$1999||-$102|
Opens at 6 PM Thursday, November 28, with tickets handed out up to two hours before the store opens. Some deals won't be available until Friday morning.
- 16 GB iPad Air: $450 ($50 savings) - 16 GB Phone 5c: $48 ($51.99 savings) - 16 GB iPad 2: $299 ($100 savings) - 16 GB iPod nano: $99.99 ($50 savings) - 13.3-inch Retina MacBook Pro: $1,100 ($200 savings) - 15.4-inch Retina MacBook Pro ($150 savings on all models) - 11 and 13-inch MacBook Air ($150 savings on all models) - 21.4-inch iMac: $1,099 ($200 savings) - Apple TV: $84.99 ($15 savings) - AirPort Extreme: $179.99 ($20 savings) - iTunes Cards: $85 for $100 ($15 savings)
Opens at 8 PM Thursday, November 28. Sale prices last until Saturday, November 30. Target is offering customers who make a Black Friday purchase above $75 a coupon for 20 percent off of a future shopping trip.
- iPad mini: $75 gift card with any iPad mini purchase (starting at $299) - iPad Air: $100 gift card with any iPad Air purchase (starting at $479) - iPad 2: $100 gift card with any iPad purchase (starting at $399) - iPhone 5s: $30 gift card with any iPhone 5s purchase (starting at $180) - 16 GB iPod touch (5th gen): $50 gift card with purchase ($229) - Apple TV: $89 ($10 savings) - iTunes Cards: $50 for $60 ($10 savings)
Opens at 6 PM on Thursday, November 28.
- iPhone 5s: $75 gift card with purchase (starting at $189) - iPhone 5c: $75 gift card with purchase (starting at $45) - Original iPad mini: $100 gift card with purchase ($299)
Opens at 8 PM on Thursday, November 28.
- Original 16 GB iPad mini: $250 ($50 savings with mail-in rebate) - iPhone 5c: $100 gift card with purchase (starting at $50) - iPhone 5s: $100 gift card with purchase (starting at $190) - 16 GB iPod nano: $130 ($20 savings)
Opens at 5 AM on Friday, November 29.
- 2 GB iPod Shuffle: $45 ($5 savings) - 16 GB iPod nano: $130 ($20 savings) - 16 GB iPad mini: $249 ($50 savings) - 16 GB 5G iPod touch: $200 plus $25 iTunes Gift Card - 32 GB 5G iPod touch: $270 ($30 savings) - iPad Air/iPad mini Smart Cover: $34 ($5 savings) - Apple TV: $90 ($10 savings) - iPad Power Adapter: $15.20 ($3.80 savings) - Apple EarPods: $24.99 ($5 savings)
Meijer is hosting two separate sales, one on Thursday, November 28 and another on Friday, November 29. Its Apple sales take place on November 28 at 6 AM and result in coupons that must be used before 12/24/13.
- iPad Air/iPad 2/iPad 4: $100 Meijer coupon with purchase (starting at $379) - iPad mini: $80 Meijer coupon with purchase (starting at $299) - 5th gen iPod touch: $50 Meijer coupon with purchase (starting at $225) - iPod nano: $50 Meijer coupon with purchase ($145) - Apple TV: $20 Meijer coupon with purchase ($99) - iTunes Cards: $19 for $15
Opens at 8 AM on Friday, November 29.
- iPhone 5s: $50 Visa gift card with purchase & 2 year contract (starting at $200) - iPhone 5c: $50 Visa gift card with purchase & 2 year contract (starting at $50) - Apple TV: $20 gift card with purchase ($100) - iTunes Cards: $10 RadioShack gift card with $50 iTunes Card purchase
Opens at 7 AM on Friday, November 29.
- $79.88 for $100 in iTunes Cards (through December 8)
Opens at 8 PM on Thursday, November 28.
- $50 for $60 in iTunes Gift Cards
Staples is offering its Black Friday deals beginning on November 25, both online and in-store.
- iPad Air: $50 off all iPad Air models, Wi-Fi and Cellular (Starting at $449) - Original iPad mini: $80 off all models, Wi-Fi and Cellular (Starting at $249) - iPad 4: $150 off all models, Wi-Fi and Cellular (Starting at $349) - iPad 2: $100 off all models, Wi-Fi and Cellular (Starting at $299)
Fry's will open at 6 AM on Friday, November 29, but will begin accepting "Click & Reserve" reservations at 9 AM PT on Thursday, November 28.
- 16 GB iPad Air: $479 plus $100 Fry's gift card with purchase (in store only) - 27-inch iMac with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive: $1,899 ($100 off) - 13-inch MacBook Air with 4 GB RAM, 256 GB hard drive: $1,229 ($70 off) - 15-inch MacBook Pro with 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive: $1,549 ($160 off)
T-Mobile will be offering the 16 GB iPhone 5c and the iPhone 5s for $0 down from November 29 to December 1 for eligible customers. A limited number of T-Mobile retail outlets will be open on Thanksgiving to begin accepting orders.
- iPhone 5c: $0 - iPhone 5s: $0
Accessories on the Cheap
- $50 Lifeproof cases ($30 savings) - $70 Mophie Juice Pack Air/Powerstation Duo ($30 savings) - $70 Zaggkeys Folio for iPad mini ($30 savings) - $40 Griffin Survivor Cases for iPad Air and mini ($20 savings) - $20 gift card with Fitbit Force ($130) or Pebble ($150) purchase - $99 Jawbone Jambox ($50 savings)
- $200 Beats by Dre Mixr Headphones ($50 savings) - $119 Beats by Dre Solo Headphones ($70 savings) - $20 gift card with Fitbit Flex purchase ($99)
- $114.95 Beats by Dre Solo Headphones ($85 savings)
- 30% off all Zagg Screen Protectors - 10% off all Otterbox Cases
- $99 Jawbone Jambox ($50 savings) - $59.99 Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation 4000 ($20 savings)
- 50% off all Belkin iPhone cases
- 50% off Speck cases for iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini - 30% off Belkin cables and chargers - 25% off Otterbox cases for iPhone and iPad - 50% off Targus Versavu iPad Air Case (regularly $60)
- 30% off Speck cases for iPhone and iPad - $6 Targus styluses (regularly $14.99)
Screen protector and case retailer TechArmor will be offering 20% off of all orders with the discount code TABF20.
Apogee is offering 15% off all of its latest products, including the JAM, MiC, and ONE.
Spigen is hosting a 25% off site wide sale with the code GOBBLE13.
ClamCase is offering $50 off the ClamCase Pro, along with free shipping, using the code BLACKCC50.
HYPER is offering discounts of up to 50% off on products like the HyperJuice battery packs, HDMI cables, and iPad/iPhone cases.
Parallels is offering a Black Friday software bundle for $80 that includes Parallels Desktop 9, mSecure, Parallels Access for iPad, and several more.
MacPhun will be offering a 40% discount on all Mac Apps, including Snapheal, FX Studio Pro, and Intensify. Separately, the company is also offering a 20% discount on Snapheal Pro, Intensify Pro, or a bundle of the two, which will also come with a free 4 GB or 8 GB (bundle) SD memory card.
Black Pixel has dropped the price of Kaleidoscope for Mac to $34.99. It can be downloaded from the Mac App Store or from the company's website using the code "CELEBRATE." Versions is also on sale for $29.50 using the same code.
Adobe is offering Lightroom 5 for $109 and Photoshop Elements for $54.99. Adobe's deals will begin at 9 PM Pacific Time on November 27 and last until December 2 (Elements) and December 7 (Lightroom 5).
Garmin U.S.A ($24.99) [Direct Link] Garmin N. America ($29.99) [Direct Link] NAVIGON USA ($24.99) [Direct Link] NAVIGON North America ($29.99) [Direct Link] NAVIGON U.S. East ($14.99) [Direct Link] NAVIGON U.S. West ($14.99) [Direct Link] NAVIGON U.S. Central ($14.99) [Direct Link] 1Password for iOS ($9.99) [Direct Link] Plex ($1.99) [Direct Link]
Other Holiday Deals
Adobe is offering a photography bundle that combines Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $9.99/month for all users for a year. A standard Photoshop CC membership is $19.99 per month without access to Lightroom. Users can sign up for the reduced price until December 2.
Beginning on Friday, November 22, Sprint will offer a $100 instant discount on any phone for customers who bring a line to Sprint from another character and sign up for a two-year contract. Customers that switch their number to Sprint and use Sprint One Up for financing will receive a $100 prepaid Visa card.
Sprint and Best Buy are also offering a holiday deal for students, providing 1 year of free talk, text, and data with the outright purchase of a qualifying phone. iPhone 5s is priced at $700, while an iPhone 5c is $600.
On Sunday November 24 from 7 to 9 PM, Sam's Club will host a Holiday VIP Event offering the iPhone 5c for $0.96 with a two-year contract.
Many of the Apple items listed are what stores like to call "Doorbusters" as they are items that are designed to get people in the store. These are often the store's best deals, and are quite popular. People have been known to line up for several hours to be first in line to take advantage of one of the better deals, which means stock on a lot of Black Friday items could be limited. For example, Target is offering a highly appealing deal on the iPad Air, which could cause it to run out quickly, so shoppers are advised to get to stores early.
National retailers like Apple and Best Buy charge local sales tax on all orders, so when making an online order, it is best to consider all sales tax options. Ordering from smaller online retailers can be a benefit, as not all stores charge sales tax in all states.
Local sales taxes are automatically charged for online orders from the following retailers in the following states:
- Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, RadioShack, Target: All States - MacMall: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina, Wisconsin - Amazon: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin - H.H. Gregg: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
States with no sales tax: Alaska, Montana, New Hampshire, Delaware, Oregon