If you're an Apple Music
subscriber, you can add and download songs, albums, playlist, and video content from the Apple Music catalog to your personal music library.
And if you turn on iCloud
Music Library on your devices, the Apple Music content in your library will be synced across all of them as long as they're signed in to your Apple ID.
The following steps show you how to enable iCloud Music Library on iPhone, iPad
, Mac and PC.
Turn on iCloud Music Library on iOS Devices
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Music in the apps list.
- Tap the iCloud Music Library toggle to enable it.
If you already have music stored on your iOS device, you'll be asked if you want to keep it. If you choose to Keep Music
, the music is added to your iCloud Music Library. If you choose Delete and Replace
, the music on your device is removed and replaced with the content in your iCloud Music Library. If you choose Merge
, any songs on your device that have a match in the Apple Music Catalog will become available on your other devices.
Turn on iCloud Music Library on Mac or PC
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- On Mac, select iTunes -> Preferences from the menu bar. On PC, select Edit -> Preferences from the iTunes window menu bar.
- In the General tab, check the box next to iCloud Music Library to enable it.
- Click OK.
Once iCloud Music Library is enabled on iOS devices, the Mac, or the PC, any Apple TV
or Android devices you own will also be able to access iCloud Music Library automatically.