"Hey Siri" support and possibly wireless charging case alongside AirPower charging mat.
Useful Tips, Tricks, and Walkthroughs for New Apple Watch Series 4 Owners
Even if you've had an Apple Watch before, the Apple Watch Series 4 introduces exclusive new features like the ECG function that lets you take a quick electrocardiogram right from your wrist. In the space below, we've organized our Apple Watch-related how tos into different categories for quick and easy access.
If you didn't get an Apple Watch Series 4 but got an older Apple Watch model instead, many of these tips and tricks are still relevant.
- How to Force-Quit Misbehaving Apple Watch Apps
- How to Add a Passcode to Your Apple Watch and What to Do if You Forget It
- How to Specify Your Activity Type in the Apple Watch Workout App
- How to Customize Your Apple Watch Workout Metrics
- How to Customize Default Replies on Apple Watch
- Using the Timer, Alarm, and Stopwatch Apps on Apple Watch
- How to Make Icons and Fonts Bigger on Apple Watch
- How to Use Apple Watch to Get Directions
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones and Listen to Music on Apple Watch
- How to Answer and Make Phone Calls on Apple Watch
- How to Use the Activity and Workout Apps on Apple Watch
- How to Send and Respond to Messages on Apple Watch
- How to Use the Flashlight on Your Apple Watch
Useful watchOS Tips
- How to Browse the Internet on Apple Watch Through watchOS 5's WebKit Integration
- How to Turn a Photo Into an Apple Watch Face
- How to Use the Siri Raise to Speak Feature in watchOS 5
- How to Use Walkie-Talkie
- How to Use the Podcasts App
- How to Start an Activity Competition With a Friend
- How to Enable and Disable Automatic Workout Detection in watchOS 5
- How to Control Apple TV Using Your Apple Watch
- How to Customize the Monogram on Your Apple Watch
- How to Unlock Your Mac With Your Apple Watch
- How to Rearrange the Control Center Icons
- How to Use Theater Mode on the Apple Watch
- Top 10 Hidden Force Touch Features on Apple Watch
- How to Divide Your Apple Watch Workouts into Segments
- How to Stop Your Apple Watch From Launching the 'Now Playing' App When Audio Plays on Your iPhone
- How to Use Emergency SOS on iPhone and Apple Watch
- How to Get More Battery Life Out of Your Apple Watch
We've created a selection of useful videos that highlight tips, tricks, and other information that's useful if you're a new Apple Watch owner. Make sure to check them out!
Do you have useful Apple Watch tips and tricks that we've missed in our how tos and that new Apple Watch owners should know? Make sure to share them in the comments!
If you want to know more about the Apple Watch Series 4 and watchOS, the operating system that runs on the Apple Watch, make sure to check out our Apple Watch Series 4 and watchOS 5 roundups.