Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
'iPhone 6s' Mass Production Ramping Up in Late August Ahead of Mid-September Debut
The analyst notes that Foxconn is manufacturing 60 percent of all iPhone 6s models, with Pegatron taking the remaining 40 percent. Foxconn will reportedly handle all of the manufacturing for the larger-screened "iPhone 6s Plus."
Components for the iPhone 6s such as A9 chips and Force Touch-equipped display panels have been said to have been in production for several weeks now, and all of these components will be brought together at Foxconn's and Pegatron's facilities for final assembly.
Apple is facing increasing demand for the new line of iPhones, and a few of Foxconn's factories -- such as the one in Zhengzhou -- are rumored to be ramping up overtime for employees heading into mass production just to be able to meet demand. GforGames also notes that slowing production of the iPhone 6 line ahead of the updated models is providing some breathing room for the manufacturing and production of the new iPhones.
Earlier in the year, Kuo predicted a mid-to-late August time window for mass production on the new line of iPhones, so today's 1-2 week delay still falls inside the previous estimate. Recent rumors regarding the "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6s Plus" include the addition of Force Touch, a slightly thicker body to accommodate the new technology, camera improvements and perhaps a rose gold or pink color option.