Jobs at MacRumors.com
MacRumors is looking for additional writers to provide expanded news coverage for our site.
We cover breaking news and rumors related to Apple, the tech industry, and its products. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Apple and its products, already follow Apple news and rumors very closely, and be a daily MacRumors reader.
Writers are expected to independently research stories and provide an objective summary on those topics while matching the site's established writing style.
We are looking for writers to cover (approximately) 6AM to 1PM Eastern Time.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18 or older
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about Apple products
- Be a regular MacRumors reader and/or a forum member
- Have exceptional English writing and self-editing skills
- Be able to match our existing writing style
- Have basic knowledge of HTML
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Have prior online writing experience
This position will be freelance (paid per article) to start with a more permanent full-time position possible.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com with "MacRumors Writer Job" as the email subject:
- A brief "cover letter" in the body of the email to introduce yourself that describes why you're interested in writing for MacRumors, the hours of your availability to write for us, and your location
- Links to any existing online articles on technology you have already written, if available
- One original (not previously published anywhere else) article of 200 to 300 words in the MacRumors style on a topic we would normally cover (or have already covered) attached as a PDF document
- A complete resume/CV attached as a PDF document
Failure to provide these items may result in us passing over your application. Given the volume of applicants, it's likely that we won't be able to reply to everyone so please accept our apologies for this in advance.
vBulletin Developer (Freelancer)
MacRumors is looking for a vBulletin developer or firm that is able to provide plugin development services and theming for vBulletin 3.x.
We are looking to start a long term relationship with a reliable developer that can provide ongoing services on a contract basis.
The ideal candidate will have had significant experience developing vBulletin plugins and is familiar with vBulletin's architecture as well as have a strong grasp of PHP, and be comfortable developing for a large traffic site. This includes keeping in mind security and performance considerations.
Please send a resume with past vBulletin experience to firstname.lastname@example.org