New in OS X: Get MacRumors Push Notifications on your Mac

Resubscribe Now Close

MacBook Air and 13" MacBook Pro Shipping Times Slip Ahead of Monday's Media Event

MacBook Air and 13" Retina MacBook Pro shipping times have slipped on the Apple Online Store from "in stock" to "1 business day" ahead of Apple's upcoming "Spring Forward" media event on Monday. Earlier this week, we reported that a MacBook Air refresh with the latest Intel Broadwell processors and Intel HD 6000 graphics appears imminent, and it is plausible that Apple also updates the MacBook Pro with similar hardware.

MacBook Pro Stock

The shipping dates have slipped across North America, with the Apple Online Store in the United States, Canada and Mexico showing the longer "1 business day" estimate. A spot check of the United Kingdom and Australia online storefronts still shows regular shipping times. In-store availability of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro in the also appears unaffected in the United States based on Apple Stores in New York and California.

MacBook Air Shipping
Intel's Broadwell processors are available for all MacBook Air models and the 13-inch MacBook Pro, although more powerful chips for the 15-inch MacBook Pro are not expected until later this year. Nevertheless, Apple may choose to focus its March 9 media event solely on the Apple Watch and could hold off on refreshing its MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lineups until a later date.



Top Rated Comments

(View all)

16 months ago
Slipping to "1 business day" well that is conclusive proof!
Rating: 11 Votes
16 months ago
it's happening! apple watch and new laptops. gonna be a fun monday!
Rating: 11 Votes
16 months ago
My sister is in the market for a new MBA so for her sake I hope they get updated. Personally I can't justify any resolution below 1080p in 2015
Rating: 6 Votes
16 months ago

Hoping they will keep the model with a spinning hard drive and DVD and update the display. I have 2TBs in my mid-2012 13"'er. I'd buy one of those.


Well if you want to pay 2015 prices for 2012 tech, that's your choice.

The issue is that I work in the education industry, and so many students pay £600+ to upgrade to a Mac, because they hear so many good things about them. Most consumers will go for the cheapest model without knowing how poorly outdated it is. Then I'll get complaints about a £1000 Apple laptop running like a £200 Windows PC.

Apple always say that 'we make the decisions for the consumers' - they go on, and on, about how people buy into Apple products because they trust the quality and the experience, etc etc. Well people aren't getting that with the base 13" MacBook Pro, and personally I think Apple aren't doing all they can to either educate their buyers on what they're buying, or are doing everything they claim to give people the flawless Apple experience.

You're in the 1% where you love an upgradeable laptop. The other 99% are people who shouldn't be getting a crappy experience from a £1000 laptop, because it's only got 4GB RAM, a 2-3gen old processor, a non-Retina display, and a 5400rpm HDD.

So yes, I really, really hope Apple discontinue it. Maybe make it available on request for the people who want to buy it, who know what they're doing.
Rating: 6 Votes
16 months ago
This pretty much confirms updates all round on Monday then.

Whether it'll be the 12-inch Air that everyone's waiting for is another question entirely though. Here's hoping!
Rating: 5 Votes
16 months ago

Slipping to "1 business day" well that is conclusive proof!


it actually is... one business day is monday, the day the new ones are announced.
Rating: 5 Votes
16 months ago
Please, please, please announce the 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina Display! Come on :apple:!
Rating: 5 Votes
16 months ago
Here's hoping they'll discontinue that outdated 13" MBP and make the lineup all-Retina.
Rating: 4 Votes
16 months ago

My sister is in the market for a new MBA so for her sake I hope they get updated. Personally I can't justify any resolution below 1080p in 2015


errr. You'll be disappointed tommarow then.
Rating: 3 Votes
16 months ago

Me too.

They could, of course, announce on the same day without making it a big part of the Keynote but I doubt that too. USB 3.1 connectivity and a new form factor might make it "revolutionary" enough to warrant it having its own (separate) release date, without the watch taking away media attention and coverage.


Nah, what they will do is start off with the Mac updates as an appetiser, and that will lead into Yosemite 10.10.3 with a walkthrough of Photos, and then finish with the main course Apple Watch presentation. Dessert for the evening will be the hands on with the Apple Watch afterwards.
Rating: 3 Votes

[ Read All Comments ]