Twitter App Updated With Mute Button, New iPad Features
In the same way you can turn on device notifications so you never miss a Tweet from your favorite users, you can now mute users you'd like to hear from less. Muting a user on Twitter means their Tweets and Retweets will no longer be visible in your home timeline, and you will no longer receive push or SMS notifications from that user. The muted user will still be able to fave, reply to, and retweet your Tweets; you just won't see any of that activity in your timeline.Muting can be accomplished by visiting a user's profile page or tapping on "More" on a tweet and choosing the mute option. Muted users will not be notified that they are muted, and a mute can be removed any time. At this time, Twitter's mute function is somewhat more limited than third-party apps like Tweetbot, which also includes keyword and hashtag muting.
Twitter has also updated its app with several iPad improvements that were previously introduced to the iPhone app, including photo and video previews directly in the timeline, easier access to Direct Messages, and the ability to reply, retweet, favorite, or follow users directly from timeline Tweets.
This update includes minor improvements.Twitter can be downloaded from the App Store for free. The new mute feature will be rolling out to users starting today and all users will receive access over the course of the next few weeks. [Direct Link]
Changes to iPad include:
- Choose between "Top" and "All" Tweets in search results.
- Tweets with Twitter photos, Vine videos and other select content now show a preview in your home timeline
- You can reply, retweet, favorite or follow someone straight from a Tweet in your home timeline.
- Easier access to DMs
- Choose a filter for your photo.
- Refreshed look for navigation.
- Discover has been updated to show Tweets related to Trends.