Skitch Updated With Features Restored; Version 1.0 Made Available Again
It received a lot of criticism from for removing features like the ability to minimize the app to the menu bar or to resize images by grabbing the corner of a window. Also, users were no longer able to choose the file format of their screenshots; it could only export .PNG files.
However, Evernote, the company that owns Skitch, has heard the uproar and responded. The company is releasing an updated version of Skitch with a number of changes -- and made Skitch 1.0 available for download again.
Here's a quick overview of the changes:The update has been sent to Apple and should be pushed to the Mac App Store soon. It is a free download. [Direct Link]
- Choose your file type: there's now a filetype selector in the Drag Me tab, where you can choose between PNG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP
- Smarter screen snap: you can modify selected area or change it to specific dimensions
- Improved sync options: it gives you control over how/when you save notes to Evernote (Always, Ask, Never ask)
- Flip and rotate: new Image menu options that also get keyboard shortcuts
- Multi-select in the Library: to easily delete unwanted images
- New keyboard shortcuts
- Change arrow directions
- And the old version of Skitch is available for those who still want it