New Skylake MacBook Pros coming October 27.
Updates from New York Media Event
Thanks to MacWorld and Engadget for live coverage.
- Upgrades to the 15" and 17" PowerBooks.
- 15" gets a new display with 1440x960 resolution, while the 17" will get 1680x1050. Both will be brighter than previous models and have improved battery life.
- SuperDrives will be standard and all will support Apple's 30" Cinema HD Display
- Prices start at $1,499 for 12", $1,999 for 15" and $2,499 for 17".
- Powerbooks ship today
- PowerMac G5s updated
- Dual core processors, 1MB L2 cache per core, up to 16GB of DDR2 RAM, 1TB of internal storage, PCI Express
- Four new nVidia cards, including the Quadro FX 4500 - all four cards support 30" cinema display
- PowerMac G5 Quad, with dual dual-core processors
- Single CPU dual-core 2.0 GHz version is $1,999; single CPU dual core 2.3Ghz is $2,499; dual CPU dual-core 2.5Ghz is $3,299
- Single CPU PowerMacs shipping now, Quad ships in November
- 23" and 30" cinema displays drop in price, 23" down to $1,299, 30" down to $2,499
- Aperture - post-production software for photographers
- Built for pro photographers, provides end-to-end RAW workflow
- Feature called Stacks allows photos to be grouped together based on the time between shutter clicks
- Full screen workspace, can span multi-image displays
- Multi-image viewer to check images side-by-side, up to 10 at a time
- Standard tools like red-eye reduction; cropping etc. Non-destructive workflow and versioning capabilities
- Aperture is $499 and will ship in November
- Event has finished
- Apple Store has been updated